The Knight of Columbus Founded on the principles of charity, unity and fraternity, the Knights of Columbus was established in 1882 by Father Michael J. McGivney, assistant pastor of St. Mary’s Church in New Haven, Conn., and a group of parishioners. Their intent? To bring financial aid and assistance to the sick, disabled and needy members and their families.
The Bishop Maes Holy Cross Council #17445 was founded in 2020 and meets on the first Saturday of Month for:
- 9:00 a.m. — Mass
- 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. — Service on Saturday and Fellowship
- 11:00 a.m. — Meeting
The council is focused on fellowship and community service to the parish of Holy Cross.
Some Knights events / projects include:
- Friday Night Knights
- Holy Cross Festival Food Booth
- Church Renovations
- Barnes Hall Renovation
- Thanksgiving Turkey’s for St. Vincent De Paul
- Christmas Gifts for St. Vincent De Paul
- Assisting with Breakfast with Santa
- Cross and Flags around campus
For more information or to join the Knights of Columbus please contact Ron Fehr at 859-888-6306.
Please print off and bring Membership for to a KofC Meeting by clicking here for membership form.